Year in Review

December 1, 2019

Dear Lake Toxaway Neighbor,

We deeply appreciate the 2019 year-to-date contributions to Lake Toxaway Charities (LTC) and hope you will help us meet our goal by supporting our annual “end-of-year” donation request. This past July, our enthusiastic Sports Day and “An Evening on Broadway” Dinner Dance Committee raised a RECORD $526,547. Additionally, we have raised since then from generous contributions by our neighbors another $396,000 in donations, This brings our total 2019 year to date funds raised to an astonishing $922,547. As Transylvania County continues to grow, local charities are experiencing greater needs. To continue to serve them well, we need your support to reach our 2019 goal of $1,000,000.

When you review the enclosed brochure and description of the services of Lake Toxaway Charities’ recipients, you will see that more than 60% of our dollars go to organizations involved in crisis prevention and/or critical care. The remaining 40% is dedicated to educational endeavors. You can also visit our website at http://www.laketoxawaycharities.org in order to fully appreciate the needs of our special community and the wonderful impact of your contributions.

This brochure also provides information on how you can donate to Lake Toxaway Charities. We accept gifts of appreciated stock, as well as direct monetary gifts to the Lake Toxaway Legacy Endowment. Please consider supporting our work by contributing to Lake Toxaway Charities at a generous level. The need is great and can only be met by your participation. Currently 30% of the 900 Lake Toxaway Estates property owners donate annually to this charity. We are hopeful this percentage will increase as more of our owners choose to support LTC.

Lake Toxaway Charities is a 501 (c3) organization, and your gifts are fully tax deductible. More importantly, 99% of your contributions directly benefit Transylvania County individuals and families who can least afford to pay for help. Because volunteers staff LTC, only 1% goes towards minimal expenses such as postage, supplies, insurance, and marketing. Your year-end contribution will help us meet our goal to serve the needs of our county.

Thank you, and we wish you a blessed holiday season.

Sincerely,

Chip Brown, Diane Roberts, and Jenny Renfroe
Co-Chairs, Lake Toxaway Charities

Click Here for an online version of our “Year in Review” booklet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: